Looks like this event has already ended.
Explore the events happening around you, or organize your very own event.
Marriott + NULYP = NOLA for Free!*
Win your way to conference based on the service you’ve done all year!
“Our pledge is that every community will be a better place to live and work because we are there.”
– Marriott International
The National Urban League Young Professionals (NULYP) believes through our development of servant leaders across the nation, we empower communities and change lives. So we are partnering to provide registration and lodging scholarships to our National Urban League Young Professional Summit in New Orleans, LA July 25th – 28th, 2012.
Winners will receive a complimentary NULYP Summit conference* registration and 4 nights hotel stay at the historic Renaissance Arts** in New Orleans, LA. Winners must be a financial member*** of NULYP or an NULYP chapter. (See contest rules below.)
This year’s conference, Occupy the Vote: Employment & Education provides:
Powerful workshops: Modern Day Philanthropists, We Develop Me, and others
NULYP Career Connect speed-dating event with 100+ employers
Financial counseling for Graduate School at the Expo Hall
One-Day Entrepreneurship Summit
NULYP GOTV Affair and NULYP Awards Bash
Network with Young Professionals from across the country
- Must have served your community this year.
- Must be a financial member of NULYP or an NULYP chapter.
- Must pass first review by NULYP Board judges to be among the finalists.
- Finalists must receive positive reinforcement for your service from your friends.
*Complimentary conference registration is the base registration at early-bird or regular registration rates. It does not include additional ticketed events.
**Hotel stay includes Wednesday, July 25, 2012 check-in through Sunday, July 29, 2012 check-out. The hotel stay is not transferrable to another Marriott or NUL conference hotel property. Overnight stays not utilized will not be refunded.
***NULYP Executive Board members and National Urban League staff are not eligible to win.
WHY JOIN NULYP?
The National Urban League Young Professionals (NULYP) support the work of the National Urban league to provide real solutions to the problems we face in our communities.
We offer you two direct opportunities to serve:
- Our Spring Service Day, Stemworks!
- Our Fall Empowerment Service Week, Get Out the Vote!
We are a national network of over 50 chapters across the country! NULYP membership provides several opportunities to network with other members annually.
- Legislative Policy Conference (LPC) 2013
- National Urban League Conference Young Professional Summit
- Whitney M. Young Jr. Leadership Development Conference
Finally, we develop you as a leader and provide you with up-to-date policy information through our National Urban League Policy Institute.
How can I get involved?
- If there is a chapter in your area, join them. (NOTE: Chapter membership fees vary)
- If there is no chapter in your city or surrounding area, become an at-large member.
- If you are a past NULYP chapter leader, regardless of your age, become a founding member of NULYP Alumni.
NULYP develops leaders all across the country just like you. We develop you because we develop me.